MAKATI, Philippines – On 16 September 2023, The Asian Institute of Management's (AIM) Career Services Office (CSO) recently conducted the MIB 2023 Hybrid Pitch Session, an event designed to connect Master in Innovation in Business (MIB) students with influential industry leaders and showcase their innovative business ideas. The event saw a diverse lineup of panelists who provided insights and feedback to the ambitious MIB students looking to make their mark in the business world.
The event commenced with a warm welcome from Jade Galvan, the Director of AIM’s Career Services Office. Jade emphasized the significance of such an event, highlighting the importance of fostering innovation and entrepreneurship. She expressed her excitement for the invaluable learning experience this session would offer both the students and the panelists and highlighted that the event is also an opportunity to forge connections.
Professor Rico Camus, the Academic Program Director of MIB, followed with his welcoming remarks, underlining the core principles of the MIB program. He explained that the event is the culmination of 18 months of hard work from the students and that students should take this as a learning opportunity to test their ideas for real-world applications. Professor Rico commended the students and looked forward to witnessing their pitches in front of the panelists.
The pitch session featured a distinguished panel of industry leaders who were eager to provide insights and guidance to the students. The panelists included:
- Faye Abrihan, CEO of Pantheon Holdings, Philippines
- Ben Alderson, Head of Investments, IdeaSpace Investments, Philippines
- Rene Cuartero, CEO and Co-Founder, AHG Lab, Philippines
- Jocel Isidro Dilag, Special Counsel, Leflegis Legal Services, Philippines, a graduate of MSIB 2022
- Andrew Escaler, Executive Vice President, Pasudeco Development Corp., Philippines
- Carla Mae Leonor, CEO and Co-Founder, Bughaw Creative Collective, Philippines, a graduate of MSIB 2022
- Brian Poe Llamanzares, President, Pantheon Holdings,Philippines
- Tristan Markisch, Head of Venture Building, Pulse63 Healthcare Ventures, Philippines
- Masaki Mitsuhashi, Adjunct Faculty, Asian Institute of Management, a graduate of MSIB 2020
- Henry Yeh, CEO, Tnimble, Taiwan
- Ryan Chua, General Partner, Nila Capital Partners, Philippines
The panelists represented a wide range of industries and brought diverse perspectives to the table, making it an ideal setting for the students to present their innovative business ideas. The businesses pitched ranged from an all-in-one app for pets, a club designed to create safe spaces for queer women, a health data storage platform, to a small-scale power plant designed to harness the power of methane gas from landfills.
Each presentation was followed by insightful feedback and suggestions from the panelists, who shared their wealth of experience and knowledge. They emphasized that the idea must clearly state its value immediately to investors, highlighting the importance of presenting a compelling value proposition right from the start, ensuring that investors understand the potential impact and profitability of the business concept.
The MIB 2023 Hybrid Pitch Session proved to be an invaluable experience for the students, bridging the gap between academia and industry. The event also highlighted AIM's dedication to fostering entrepreneurship and providing students with opportunities to learn from the best in the field.
The event was a resounding success, further reinforcing the Institute's reputation as a hub for innovative thinking and entrepreneurship. As the session came to a close, AIM along with the esteemed panelists, left the participants inspired and ready to embark on their innovation journeys, armed with knowledge, guidance, and a network of supportive mentors.