Leadership and Management of Change for Development Managers LMC/DM is a one-week course on organizational leadership and organizational change using the Bridging Leadership approach.
Bridging Leadership is a management approach that promotes processes that address social inequities. It focuses on leading collaborative action to bring about social change.
It involves three main segments: Building Ownership of the response, Developing Co-Ownership with other stakeholders, and together engaging in the co-creation of better, more inclusive societies.
Through an integration of presentations, case studies, practical exercises, and group discussions, participants will gain valuable understanding of complementary approaches.
Participants are expected to:
- achieve an in-depth understanding of social, political, ecological, and cultural dimensions of development including emerging trends and issues;
- enhance skills and capabilities in developing strategies for managing and leading organizations, systems and structures for the implementation of development initiatives and institutions; and
- be able to formulate strategies for long-term viability and sustainability of development initiatives and institutions.
- Making sense
- Making sense of the environment we operate in
- Making sense of where we are and our desired future
- Understanding and addressing the divide we own
- Understanding complex issues through Systems Thinking
- Leading change amidst complexity
- Engaging others in leading change
- Leading change with others
- Conversations for the 21st century
- Creating and sustaining change
- Creating strategies for change
- Sustaining institutional change
- Designing our desired change