Monitoring and Evaluation for Results (M&E for Results) is a five-day course designed to sharpen the participants’ competencies in preparing and implementing a monitoring and evaluation plan.
Participants will be exposed to M&E reports of actual development projects.
At the end of the course, participants will have acquired the knowledge, skills, and techniques needed for:
- project monitoring, with particular focus on setting up an effective monitoring system
- conducting project completion activities with particular focus on effective reporting
- designing project evaluations, applying proper evaluation criteria, and using appropriate methodologies
- determining different quantitative and qualitative methods for evaluation
- the formulation of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan
M&E for Results uses a case method-based, practice-oriented learning system. Each participant will review an actual M&E report and design an M&E plan applicable to their own work. Participants are encouraged to bring data from their own organizations.
Coursework will be based on the following:
- Amerasinghe, N., 2014. Design, Appraisal, and Management of Sustainable Development Projects. AIM, Chapters 23-25.
- Kusek, 10 Steps in a Results-Based System, World Bank.