Managing projects is a critical skill which all managers need as more businesses use projects to implement change in their organizations, or at least to stay in the game. Project management competency, once optional, is now essential for all managers.
The program is designed to help managers:
- Learn how a project management life cycle methodology and best practices that can be used for both large and small projects can help them cover critical components of initiating, planning, executing, and closing a project.
- Learn general management and leadership skills that can help them lead a project more successfully.
- Learn about adaptive project management, a new approach beyond the traditional project management approach for implementing strategic and more complex projects.
Target ParticipantsThe program is recommended for Mid-Level and Senior-Level Managers who are assigned to introduce major change or strategic change in their organizations. It is also recommended for those who will be assigned to manage projects in the next 3 to 6 months.
- Why business success depends on projects and what makes successful projects
- Walk-through of project initiation, planning, execution, and closing of processes & tasks
- Explore an off-the-shelf project management life cycle methodology
- How to create a project charter, a work breakdown structure, and other selected project management deliverables
- Use of Earned Value Analysis as a tool for evaluating project performance
- Introduction to the Diamond Framework for adaptive project management