As newly global Certified Career Advisors™, Katrina Zyra R. Igtiben and Marco Luis B. Cabrera of the AIM Career Services Office team can now impart valuable advising expertise and resources for professional development from The International Association of Career Advisors™ (IACA).
Based in Iowa, USA, IACA advances the quality of career services around the world by certifying career advising expertise and resources for professional development.
Kat and Marco went through intensive international training through the Kuder Career Advisor Training Advanced covering modules that helped them acquire the 10 Core Competencies of Career Advising:
- 1. Helping Skills – Identify and apply information and advice to meet the career planning needs of clients.
- 2. Labor Market Information and Career Related Resources – Source labor market information (LMI) and identify the appropriate career related resources to assist clients.
- 3. Assessment – Demonstrate the difference between formal and informal career development assessments and an understanding of how assessments can aid in the career advising process.
- 4. Diverse Populations – Match career advising programs or services to meet the identified needs of specific client groups.
- 5. Ethical and Legal Issues - Follow the code of ethics established by the National Career Development Association (NCDA) and understand how to research legislation and policy initiatives related to career advising within their home country.
- 6. Career Development Models - Understand career development theories, how they differ, and how the models can be applied to career advising services.
- 7. Employability Skills – Advise and support clients on job search strategies, as well as resume writing and interview skills.
- 8. Training Clients and Colleagues – Create appropriate support documents to assist with training of colleagues and clients.
- 9. Promotion and Public Relations – Effectively market specific career advising programs to targeted clients.
- 10. Technology – Implement career development technologies in order to most effectively serve clients
Interested AIM students and alumni are encouraged to schedule career e-consultations with our newly Certified Career Advisors™ (CA) Kat Igtiben (email@example.com) and Marco Cabrera (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Request for career e-consultation reservation or any other CSO-related inquiry may also be sent to email@example.com.
CSO’s vision is to inspire success through lifelong career engagement with students and alumni.