“Innovation is more important than inventions. Innovation implies industry.”
Silicon Valley tech pioneer
The AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator targets innovation-driven entrepreneurs whose businesses have the potential to impact all sectors of society.
The ideal target startup will provide solutions to emerging world problems, generate jobs, and distribute created wealth in a dispersed manner.
The Incubator will, in turn, provide the startup with world-class mentorship, training, and a support network to build and grow the business.
What Startups Get
- World-class mentorship from the AIM community (faculty and alumni) and access to networks of serial entrepreneurs, industry experts, top executives, and thought leaders
- Hands-on customized management, training, and mentorship programs based on actual startup needs
- Rent-free, dedicated office space and facilities located at the heart of Makati City
- Access to AIM campus facilities and services
- Resources and services from exclusive shared-services program partners
- Exclusive roadshows, demo days, and networking activities for business development and investment
- The incubator intends to support early-stage startups with deep technology, science, or engineering solutions to the neglected problems of an emerging world.
- Eligible startups will have a proven ability to build quickly, sell to customers, and evolve their idea into a business that can grow.
- To be accepted into the AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator Program, the startup must meet the following criteria:
- Team of two to six members with at least one founder with rigorous science / engineering / technical expertise and one founder with market and business development expertise
- Both tech and business co-founders will work on the business full-time
- Open to non-AIM students and graduates
- Early product demonstrating a strong core science, technology or engineering innovation, or vetted market need, up to a minimum viable product
- Open to early-stage startups with or without prior external funding, revenues, or customer traction
- Focus on sectors that need innovative solutions
- S&T-based solutions in communications, agriculture, health, AI, IoT, and so on
- Need not be limited to software; can also include hardware and business model innovations
How to apply?
Fill out the online application form. Multiple rounds of review will then assess the startup team and its technology, growth potential, investment readiness, and ability to build quickly and scale.
When is the application deadline?
Application is on a rolling basis; ergo, no set application deadline. As long as the Incubator has enough space to take in another startup, it will.
How is the AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator different?
It carries with it a rich abundance of experience and success in investing, starting, and growing startups. Chief adviser Dado Banatao is a serial entrepreneur of and investor in a number of startups in the Philippines and the US. Additionally, given the joint partnership and leadership of the Asian Institute of Management and DOST, the AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator promises access to a wealth of practical knowledge and expertise.
Who can apply?
Teams and founders with strong technical and business backgrounds ― irrespective of alma mater ― that meet the basic qualifications.
Is there a maximum number of team members?
The private office space per incubated startup can comfortably accommodate up to six members. Should the startup need to house more than six, they are strongly advised to find ways around the space constraints.
Where is the Incubator located?
The AIM-Dado Banatao Incubator can be found at the AIM Conference Center Manila, corner Benavidez and Trasierra, Legaspi Village, Makati City.