Change for Good
The Master in Development Management (MDM) is a full-time, 12-month program that prepares development executives to lead public agencies, civil society organizations, or private companies with public service units. Under the program, students learn how to achieve sustainable success for their respective organizations.
Graduates of this course come from within and beyond Asia. It's a diverse mix that makes learning within the program a unique academic experience. MDM provides students a gateway to Asian leadership and management, and a solid position within Asian organizational networks.
Gain the benefits of the triple-bottom line approach
The world has changed, and with it, business. Profit is no longer the sole barometer for success. To stay relevant, a business needs to embrace sustainability and adopt a triple-bottomline approach — that is, focus on people, the planet, and profit.
The program is also aligned with the United Nations’ 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Each goal, which covers matters ranging from ending poverty to creating sustainable communities, contains specific targets to be achieved over the next 15 years. The different courses under the MDM program are designed to address these goals.
Courses and Terms
This intensive program is comprised of three terms, containing the following courses:
- Scanning the Development Environment
- The Development Manager as a Visionary
- Understanding Development Trends, Organizations, and Stakeholders
- Understanding the Language of Management
- Integrating Functional Skills and Resources
- The Development Manager as a Maximizer of Sustainable Growth
- Ensuring Sustainability of Development Efforts
- Strategic Management in Development
- The Development Manager as a Transformational Leader and a Creator of Public Value
- Applying Managerial Experience and Inspiring Leadership in Effecting Change and Reform